USN celebrated it's first Nationally Recognized Graduating Class of Pharm D students in June of 2009. There were a total of 48 graduates. After graduation they took the NAPLEX and passed with a 97.22%. This was higher than the national average of 81.96%. About 90% of the class have found full time employment. The average full time pharmacist income was 107 k in 2008. My classmates are not to worried about finding a job after graduation, but I am. I've talked to multiply employers, and there are not to many jobs out there. I guess we will just have to wait and see in 2010.USN has also added a MBA program this year. Next year they plan to add an 18-month Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree, and in 2011 they plan to add a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD). This is way big news, because it could be the first Dental School in the state of Utah. To learn more about DMD vs. DDS degrees, here is a link; http://www.drsimonrosenberg.com/d_m_d__versus_d_d_s_.html

As for where I have been spending most of my time, I'm here at CNS. CNS has nursing and a pharmacy. They has a state of the art compounding pharmacy that includes a clean room, an anti room, a chemo room, office, over 6 skilled pharmacist, and many skilled technicians. I've been learning about mostly IV antibiotics, IV opioids, and TPN. Only 2 weeks left!
1 comment:
At least you have studied hard and prepared for a career with a great potential. Everyday is a new world for all of us. All we can do is our best! I hope all those who want jobs can get them. Life can be cold, cruel, tough and hard! Many would be happy to be in your shoes!
Post a Comment