Sunday, July 12, 2009

Washington D.C.

Our little family went to Washington to visit with Jacob's brother Ben and his future wife Erica and to take their engagement pictures. We got some fun pictures(they are on my business blog if you would like to see them :) ...) We also were able to do some site seeing. It was a lot of fun and we were glad to go out there and we loved getting to know Erica better and we can't wait to have her as a part of the family. Here are some pictures that show what a great time we had and some of the things we saw while we were there!
Here is a pic out the window of the airplane.
Here is our sweet baby on her first airplane.
We had a layover in New York, and we found out when we got there that they had cancelled our flight... Because of weather... The weather seemed fine to everyone I talked to... Anyway... They offered us another layover in Atlanta, and told us we could be to Washington by midnight!!!! Grrr... It was 7:30am, and we had plans to do pictures that night. Jacob made them give us more options thankfully. They had us go to a different airport and get onto a plane for an hour after our original flight was scheduled to leave. We were relieved. They could not reimburse us for our cab ride to the airport, but a really nice airport worker got us upgraded to first class for the inconvenience. It was a small plane, so we were very glad to have the extra space. So here is a picture of all of us in our first class seats.
We went to a Washington Nationals baseball game, and they won against the Braves.
I have more of our Washington trip to post, but my computer is acting up and isn't letting me post my pictures, so I will have to try again later to post the rest.

5 comments:

Christine said...

So glad you were able to get a connecting flight. Flying is a hassle sometimes! Looks like you all had fun!

Jessie said...

How fun! Glad things worked out with your flight! That would have been so frustrating if you had to have waited longer!

deserae said...

I am glad that you were able to at least get first class seats from the whole thing! It looks like baby J had a lot of fun :)

Cecily said...

I am glad you got first class seats! Nice! I like the pictures so far! I can't wait to see more!

Bob and Joy Bennett said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Your Baby J sure is a cute little doll!