We went to the Smithsonian Air and Space museum in Dulles and that was cool. It is like a big hanger and there are planes everywhere. They are hanging from the ceiling and everything. They also have the Enterprise space shuttle there too. It was fun to see.


While we were there, we got around by taking the metro. Here is a pic of Baby J sleeping in the Metro station.
Baby J and Jacob at the Washington Monument.
Here our baby, she's getting BIG!!! She's taller than the Washington Monument!
Of course when you are in Washington, you have to see the Whitehouse.
And what trip to Washington is complete without a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle?
We saw a pair of "ruby" slippers that was used in the filming of the Wizard of Oz.
Our sweet baby met some fun new friends!
We saw bones of all shapes and sizes from all kinds of different animals, including human...
We discovered what extreme pressure does to a styrofoam cup.
We saw a GIANT squid. (actually 2 giant squids, one way more giant than the other one...)
We got our picture taken with an elephant. It is kinda hard to see in the picture, but it was a really big elephant.
We saw a castle.
We saw a prop from Night at the Museum. We also saw Night at the Museum @ the Smithsonian in the Imax theater.
We saw the Constitution, The Declaration of Independence, and the Bill of Rights. We also saw a bunch of other documents.
Here is our baby and her new fave.
We went to a Bug Zoo.
One museum had baby turtle and an adult turtle, the young one was sooo little.
Baby J and her daddy went swimming with a swordfish.
We saw a sea turtles remains. It was BIG!
We saw a bunch of live butterflies.
Here is baby and I in the butterfly exhibit.
We went on a tour of the Capitol.
I think her name is Lady Freedom... I am not 100% positive though... She is the statue on top of the Capitol building.
We saw original paintings by Claude Monet, Vincent Van Gogh, Raphael, Titian, and Cezanne. These are artists from the 1500's and the 1800's. It was very inspiring.
We found peppers growing in a flower bed. Kinda fun, I think.
We went to the Holocaust Museum. It was depressing, and disturbing. I don't know how people could do such horrible things...
Then we walked to the Lincoln Memorial. It was a LONG walk... I included pictures on our way there.
Here is Jacob and baby at the WWII memorial.
Here we are across the pond from the Lincoln Memorial.
We saw the Vietnam Memorial on our way to the Natural History Museum.
Here is our little one next to a big part of a meteorite.
Here is a really cool rock...
And here are some rocks that naturally glow in the dark...
We saw all kinds of amazing minerals, rocks, gems, and jewelry including the hope diamond.
Here is a picture out the window of the plane as we are arriving back home.
Here is my sweet on her first bus ride... We forgot to ask someone to pick us up from the airport, and it was too early to call anyone to ask when we were getting on the plane so we rode the bus to the trax to the bus to home. It was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be thank goodness...
It was a lot of fun, and VERY tiring... We walked A LOT! It was kinda rough cause I haven't done much exercise since I had Baby J... But it was definately FUN! And Baby J was very well behaved and she did amazing with all of the schedule changes and time changes and walking around. She even did well with her nap schedule and just took her naps in the stroller.
5 comments:
wow you guys saw a lot of things. That really sounds like it was a fun trip.
What a neat trip -- nice / cool that you could see so many places. Good for you!
WOW!!!! Thank you for spending so much time in putting this post together! It's crazing to think that this is only a part of everything that we say. I think that it is also crazy that most of the places we went to were free! Thanks again!
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Nice pictures. :)
These pics bring back many memories of when I was in DC. You went to soooo many places and so many places that I didn't go. Glad you could go!
Post a Comment