I decided to put up some of baby girl Smith's first "pictures" that were taken on Tuesday. The first one is her profile, and the second one is her face and hands. Some people think the face one is creepy or scary, but I think I like it! The ultrasound tech told us that it was the perfect pic to hang on our fridge for halloween, lol... Anyway... We are excited! I think I have looked at all of the pictures more than I have ever looked at any other pictures before. The ultrasound really made things seem sooo much more real to me. I am finally starting to realize I am not just really sick, I am really gonna have a baby! Our baby girl was so fun to watch moving around! (I haven't felt her much yet, and the ultrasound tech told me that I should feel her soon, but the placenta is at the top front and absorbing a lot of the movement so I can't feel her as much yet.) She kept putting her hands by her face, and we all think she was even sucking on her thumb! We almost thought we weren't going to be able to see the goods to know she was a girl because her legs were crossed at the first. They were thinking girl, but couldn't guarantee it, and I just hoped she would move her legs before we had to leave... Then, a little while later, sure enough, she moved and our tech told us "It's a girl"! I cried, and was sooo happy! He moved on to check out other things, and about 5 minutes later said, "yep, still a girl". They measured her at exactly 19 weeks, which is exactly how far I am according to my LMP. My mom came up for the ultrasound, and so did Michelle. It was fun to share it with our family, plus, I think it is fun to have someone to talk to other than Jacob that was there and knows how it went and how fun it was. Ultrasounds are WAY cooler than I ever thought they were cause I had only seen ultrasound pictures before this. Anyway... We are REALLY excited and can't wait to get ready for the baby! I am sure she will be here before we know it!

3 comments:
Congrats again! I looked at my ultrasound pics a lot too... did they record the ultrasound for you too?
Nope, they didn't record it for us... I wish they did! That would have been really cool to have.
That is so fun you got to share the experience with Linda and Michele. Looks like fun!!
Post a Comment