Saturday, April 19, 2008

Hawaiian Food Night

We had Liz, Tyler, Ethan, Cecily, and Ryan over for dinner tonight. I guess since it is after 12, it was actually last night... Anyway... We tried to do a Hawaiian theme. I got leis from Target and some bamboo place mats and that inspired me. We had shiskabobs(is that how you spell it???), and I made these things that were kinda of like scones, but smaller, more eggs, and they were dipped in sugar. They were called Malasadas. Cecily and Ryan brought a coconut marshmallow fruit salad that was very yummy! We had fresh pineapple, and I got a coconut, but I couldn't open it... It was interesting to try new foods, and I think it would be fun to eat and learn more about foods from other cultures in the future. I think Ethan was the life of the party, and it was so fun to have him around! It seems like forever since I last saw Liz and Tyler too, so it was great to catch up with them. Also, we took some pics of Cecily and Ryan before dinner, which I am excited to post soon on one of my blogs.










2 comments:

Cecily said...

We had a lot of fun that night! The shish-kabobs were delicious! Thanks for inviting us over!

Cecily said...

Hey Jessica and Jacob, I tagged you! Check out my blog for details!